On this Web-nesday, I’m linking to great posts by other speech pathology bloggers.
- DrawMD is free and fascinating: This post introduces an app that medical professionals can use to illustrate different anatomical structures.
- 10 AAC things to do for autism awareness/acceptance month: I especially like idea 1 — bake, share, and eat desserts.
- Understanding the Special Education Process: “The purpose of this article is to help parents understand the special education process, to provide information regarding eligibility requirements, how to get referrals, evaluations, and services.”
- Sesame Street to focus on autism: “The nonprofit behind Big Bird, Elmo and Abby Cadabby is launching a new effort to reduce stigma surrounding kids with autism and help those with the developmental disorder learn life skills.”
- Effective intervention for expressive grammar: SLPEcho discusses her research on expressive grammar intervention.
Eliciting Language from the “SHUT-DOWN” kid: Strategies for repairing a therapy session when the kid shuts down.